kdhmhmm

kdhmhmm

Love Hacked

Love Hacked - Penny Reid

I enjoyed this story a lot.  I started reading and didn’t want to stop and that’s always a good sign.

I loved the hero, Alex.  He seemed mature way beyond his years, despite all the things that happened to him during his short life.  I had trouble accepting his young age, actually.  But, I loved his honesty, despite everything he was hiding in an effort to protect Sandra and also keep her from diagnosing him (see below).

I didn’t love the heroine, Sandra.  I think it’s difficult to put in to words and then down on paper the kind of personality she was supposed to have.  I wasn’t drawn to her and couldn’t understand why all the characters fell just a little bit in love with her.  She didn’t seem able to take off the psychiatrist hat and wanted to psychoanalyze and categorize everyone.  Friends.  Dates.  Everyone she met she wanted to “diagnose”.  I didn’t like that.  I found her manipulative.  Manipulative in a “helpful” way, but still manipulative.  I LOVED that Alex called her on all her bullshit and she had to face it.  That’s character growth, so I was happy with that.

It was a good read.  I guess Kat and Dan might be next and I’m looking forward to that one, as well.