kdhmhmm

kdhmhmm

Unfettered

Unfettered: An Overwatch Novella - Sasha White

This was free on http://www.allromanceebooks.com.

It was very short and the introduction to a new series about a private BDSM club called "Overwatch".

There wasn't a huge amount of getting to know the hero, Ian, and heroine, Ronnie.  But, they knew each other as teenagers and had some feelings for each other at that time.  They don't see other again until about 20 years later when Ronnie applies for membership to Overwatch, where Ian is an established Master and one of the trainers for introductory sessions.

The "love" part happened way too fast, for not having known each other in those intervening 20 years, but they were interesting characters and it was a nice read.

There really isn't much in the way of scenes.  It mostly consists of descriptions and a few frank discussions that Ronnie receives as an introductory member, with a very few scene descriptions when Ronnie attends the club as a full member for the first time.

I'm not sure that I will continue the series, but that's me and not this story.  I've read other BDSM books, including 5 or 6 of the Shadowlands books and while the BDSM arc is interesting and hot, I always feel uncomfortable about the impersonal and public nature of the sex when the hero and heroine are going to end up having a love attachment.  I have a hard time resolving it in my mind and I know that's a personal thing.