kdhmhmm

kdhmhmm

The Unleashing

The Unleashing - Shelly Laurenston

I love Shelly Laurenston/G.A. Aiken. I've read all of her books. They usually aren't super romantic, but there is a hero and heroine and they're usually very likable in a crazy way. The heroines are always sassy and slightly crazy and the heroes are slightly clueless and intimidating to all but the heroine. The surrounding cast of characters is usually hilarious. And, most importantly, I feel good and happy at the end of each book.

I liked "The Unleashing". But, I didn't enjoy it as much as I have just about every other book by this author. I'm really not sure why. The hero and heroine were likable. There was plenty of crazy. I think it reminded me too much of "Hunting Season". It's stated that "The Unleashing" is *not* a continuation of "Hunting Season". None of the characters are the same. But, it's the same world. Skuld/Crows and Odin/Ravens. The Tree of Life. Asgard. The crows serve the same purpose in both books. The ravens serve the same purpose in both books. And I was attached to some of the characters from "Hunting Season". I wanted to know what happened with them. So, I think this departure of what is essentially the same to something "new" didn't really do it for me.