kdhmhmm

kdhmhmm

The Big Girl's Guide to Buying Lingerie: A Cowboy Love Story

The Big Girl's Guide to Buying Lingerie: A Cowboy Love Story (Bluebonnet, Texas Book 4) - Amie Stuart

I didn't really like this. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it. I think because I didn't really like or connect with either of the main characters.

Jade is the heroine. Her family is well off. Her father is a professor and her mother is a judge. She was engaged to a lawyer who left her for the stripper at his bachelor party. She had a slight break down and she's since moved to Bluebonnet, Texas. She works as a liquor sales person/representative. She's kind of "let herself go" - has gained weight, doesn't wear much makeup or take care of herself She's sort of isolated herself and doesn't really have any friends, but she's made an online connection with a guy she knows as "ShyCowboy" or "Robbie".

Rowdy is the hero. He builds and repairs computers for a living. He also a member of a band that performs something like three nights a week at a dancehall/beer garden. He's made an online connection with a woman he knows as "SkyeBaby".

So, it turns out they know each other in real life and they do NOT get along. Rowdy thinks Jade is stuck and snobby. Jade thinks Rowdy is a "redneck Casanova". Rowdy greatly enjoys doing things to get a rise out of Jade.

During these online/email conversations, Shy wants to meet Skye. He asks to take her out for her thirtieth birthday (he's four years younger than she is). She agrees (while choking on a cookie - such a HUGE deal made of this). They meet and it doesn't go well. Jade, particularly, has a bad reaction and just leaves Rowdy on the sidewalk.

So much of the book is just hot and cold. Rowdy loves women. All women. He doesn't seem to have any standards and has this "wife for a night" mentality. But, he thinks he could have something with Skye; until he finds out she's Jade. They do sleep together and she makes a slightly negative comment about one of his female friends (sister-in-law, I think) and Rowdy just shuts her down. He goes home with a girl her knows from high school and her cousin. He lets them kiss him, get topless and put their hands down his pants before he decides it feels wrong because of Jade and then leaves. I didn't really find anything very special about him.

I found the idea of his past relationship continuing in to his current relationship with "Susie" to be creepy.

Jade, for her part, spent a lot of time chasing Rowdy.

I didn't read any of the previous books in this series and I found myself completely lost when it came to the dynamics of his extended family.

I'm sad I didn't enjoy this more. Overweight heroine, good-looking and younger hero plus internet relationship kinds of hits my buttons. Oh well.