kdhmhmm

kdhmhmm

The Strongest Steel

The Strongest Steel - Scarlett Cole

This is the first book by this author that I've read.  I saw it recommended somewhere and it was only $1.99, so I decided to give it a try, even though tattoo artists aren't my catnip.  Neither are man whore heroes.

I was very pleasantly surprised.  Trent is a tattoo artist and there is actual time spent discussing the art of tattooing.  Not that I know anything about.  The detail could be all wrong.  But, the point is that it wasn't stated that "Trent is an awesome tattoo artist", and that's the end of it.  A good bit of time is spent at his shop, detailing the work he does.  I didn't enjoy his man whore ways.  I never do.  I don't like that type of hero.  I don't see the attraction.  But, we aren't witness to that behavior in the story - just references to it prior to meeting Harper (like the night before he meets her, he hooks up with someone he met at a bar), but he never wavered or strayed once he met Harper.

Harper was a pretty good heroine.  Likable.  Confident with Trent.  I think she was a little clueless about the situation with her ex.  She obviously took it seriously, etc., but I don't think she paid enough attention toward the end.

I liked this enough that I will pick up the second book in the series (hopefully it goes on sale soon) and I purchased the audible version of this.