kdhmhmm

kdhmhmm

The Billionaire Shifter's Curvy Mate

The Billionaire Shifter's Curvy Match (Billionaire Shifters Club #1) - Diana Seere

Sadly, I didn't really enjoy this.

I bought it because Diane Seere is Gretchen Galway and Julia Kent. I've never read Julia Kent, but I've read everything I can find by Gretchen Galway. I didn't recognize Gretchen Galway in any of this story.

Gavin is a biotech billionaire werewolf shifter. Lilah is a college graduate, but unable to find a job within her degree and is really in debt so working temp jobs. I think she's supposed to be intelligent, but she didn't seem that way to me. She lives in a really bad neighborhood with her sister. Gavin has his driver driving his limo through her neighborhood in search of the woman he dreams about (okay....). Gavin's driver hits the neighborhood's stray dog and Lilah runs out to rescue the dog. They recognize each other instantly through the car window as each other's "One" and the crazy goes on from there.

I didn't feel like I really knew either of the characters by the end of the book. There was a bunch of family drama. There seemed to be a lot of contradiction. Derry, for one. He likes women in groups of twos and threes and can never imagine committing to just One. But he apparently sleeps with all these woman because he's looking for the One. But he could never be with just One. Uh huh...

I don't think it was ever explained how Lilah got the job at The Platinum Club. It happened, conveniently, after Gavin first met her on the street - right after she lost her most recent temp job. But, Gavin didn't seem to have anything to do with it. Eva, who runs The Platinum Club, called her out of the blue and offered her the job. Eva is a distant relative to Gavin. And then later described as the daughter to Gavin's father's business partner. I guess she's both. I don't know.

I found it all rather confusing. Too many unanswered questions. I felt kind of unsettled as I was reading from start to finish. The family is weird and antagonistic toward each other. There wasn't any romance to speak of. It's insta-love/insta-lust and crazy sex scenes that I kind of skimmed over. And the Gavin/Lilah story wrapped up very quickly at the end. Maybe some of the drawn out stuff in the middle could've been cut and the ending could've been expanded to provide a bit more explanation about the shifter world, how it works and what Lilah's place in it will now be.

It just didn't feel very cohesive to me, I guess. Maybe if I go back and re-read it, it'll make more sense, but I didn't like either character enough to bother with it.