kdhmhmm

kdhmhmm

Crashed: Wished it had burned, too...

Crashed - Dawn  Robertson

I read to 10% and DNF.

The dialogue was awful.  Emily is the heroine.  Her parents died in a car accident on the day of their funeral, her boyfriend, Jared, breaks up with her.  Some two years later, she is on her way to work and has a car accident.  She's attracted to the firefighter, Avery, who extracts her from her car.  A week later, she's still in the hospital with selective amnesia.  Avery comes to visit and she can remember him, so she "hits on him" by asking him to come back and visit after his work hours.  He volunteers to bring her dinner and she asks for Steak 'n' Shake.  Then we get to see Avery run in to a nurse he dated and decided he didn't have an interest in.  When she approaches him, instead of telling her he's not interested, he lies about multiple things and says he'll call her.  Nice.  After that, we find out Emily can remember her sister, her brother-in-law and her best friend.  But, when Jared, who, in addition to being the ex-boyfriend who dumped her on the day of her parent's funeral, was apparently the doctor who treated her when she was first brought to the hospital after her accident, shows up in her room, she can't remember him.  And he starts saying things like "Emily, my Emily.  Please come back to me.  We spent amazing years together."  Yuck.  She tells him to leave and next thing you know, Avery's there with their delicious dinner and some huge bucket of flowers.

Didn't need the Duck Dynasty reference or the drama.  Too much for me.  I'm done.  I'd return it, but it was free.